The EU co-finances a new international, collaborative project
coordinated by Labin Art Express XXI "FLUX - Female Digital Creativity"

The European Executive Agency for Education and Culture (EACEA) will co-finance the project "FLUX - Female Digital Creativity", which in the next 26 months (01.12.2023 - 31.01.2025) will be implemented by Labin Art Express XXI, in partnership with the association Alice in Blockchain from Zagreb (HR), the association MoTA (Museum of Transitory Art) from Ljubljana (SI), and the social enterprise MEET from Milan (IT). The total budget of the project amounts to EUR 248,771.00, the EU co-finances it with 80% (EUR 199,017.00), and the remaining 20% of funds will be provided by project partners from local, regional and/or national sources.

The main goal of the project is to encourage as many female artists as possible to get involved in the currently most innovative area of new technologies and new artistic media, blockchain and NFT. NFT or non-fungible token means a cryptographically-protected digital asset that represents some unique object, such as a work of art, and an easily verifiable proof of ownership of other unique forms of digital or "analog" assets. Unlike, for example, bitcoin, which can be exchanged for money or some other cryptocurrency, each NFT is unique and cannot be exchanged for another.

The project addresses the topic of gender equality in the NFT art market and puts women artists at the focus of all project activities, such as workshops, conferences, lectures, artist residencies and exhibitions, for the purpose of education, presentation and promotion of female artists in the field of digital art, and encouraging construction and development of their professional and critical discourse in this innovative and young artistic medium. The two most visible public events will be an exhibition of about 10 visual NFT artists at the 5th Biennial of Industrial Art, at one of the two planned underground locations in Istria, and NFT sound artists at the Sonica festival in Ljubljana. Both events will take place in 2025. During the Labin Biennial, there will also be an international conference dedicated to new trends and issues in the blockchain/crypto/NFT art market. The project also includes research artist residencies in Labin and Istria, study visits to the MEET Digital Culture Center in Milan, the launch of an online portal for blockchain/crypto education, digital art workshops, including sound workshops, and the presentation of workshop results at exhibitions in Labin, Ljubljana and Milan.

Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union the European Agency for Education and Culture (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor the granting authority can be held responsible for them.